Friday 8 August 2014

Hypnobirthing - the last lesson!!!

We have just completed our 6 week Hypnobirthing course at the Hub in Chorley and now its time to put into practice everything we have learnt and breathe, breathe, breathe ! 
HypnoBirthing is a birth education program, which teaches simple but specific relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth.  In a nutshell this is what we learnt:-
 
·         Techniques of deep relaxation to help you during your babies birth
·         How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
·         To create your body’s own natural relaxant
·         Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial chemical induction
·         How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
·         Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing
·         To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
 
The most important aspect for me was that it replaced anxiety and fear with concentrated power and energy and I’m hoping I can put that energy into the birth of my baby.  For the past 6 weeks, I have been listening and putting into practice my relaxation techniques and listening to birth affirmations which are truly inspiring.  My positive mindset is now in place, and I feel I have developed a connection with my body and prepared my mind for any circumstance that might occur during labour. 

Here is a list of some of my favourite birth affirmations which are on post it notes all over the house to remind me I can do this !!!.

·         I am a strong and capable woman. I trust my instincts to know what I need for my labour.
·         The strength of my uterine contractions is a sign of my feminine strength.
·         The power and intensity of my contractions cannot be stronger than me, because it is me.
·         My body is indeed beautifully and wonderfully made
·         300,000 women will be giving birth with you today. Relax and breathe and do nothing else. Labour is hard work but I can do it.
·         The experience of labour and birth is a great gift.
·         This is what my body was designed to do.
·         My body is not broken. I can do this.
·         I am doing this exactly right and exactly as nature intended.
·         My body knows what to do. I will surrender fully and completely.
·         I trust my body to birth my baby.
·         I trust that my body knows exactly what it’s doing.
·         I am deserving of a easy, uncomplicated birth.
·         My courage and patience will send my baby into my arms.
·         My body is made to give birth, nice and easy.
·         My body will give birth on it’s own time.
·         I give birth in safety and solitude.
·         I do not fight the birth in any way. My body is relaxed.
·         Surges are easy and relax.
·         My body knows how to have this baby just as my body knew how to grow this baby.
·         Keep breathing slow and even. Inhale peace, exhale tension.
·         Keep my mind on acceptance and surrender.
·         I surrender my birthing over to my baby and my body.
·         I love my baby and I am doing all that is necessary to bring about a healthy birth.
·         Birth is an easy and natural occurrence for which my body has been perfectly designed.
·         I am ready and prepared for childbirth.
·         My job is to simply relax and allow the birth to happen.
·         Just let my body do it; let it happen.
·         Each contraction produces a healthy, positive pain that I can handle.
·         Birth will go exactly as it should.
·         I deserve this wonderful birth!
 
Despite my hypnobirthing, I feel as prepared and as ready as I think you can do in the onset of labour.   

I have been hardcore nesting over the last week since being on maternity leave, throwing away anything Carl hasn’t worn in the last couple of months, ebaying things he has to make room and this morning have made a chilli, a curry and a backup of celery soup to last months, whats that all about ? !!
 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Marianne. I'm sure Leonie will keep your spirits up!!
    I wish they had had this avaulable when I was pregnant 22 years ago or at least if they did, that someone would have told me about it.
    Enjoy, its well worth it. They bring so much joy into your life. :-) x

    ReplyDelete