Saturday 12 July 2014

Hypnobirthing

As a consequence of my irrational thinking and anxieties during pregnancy I decided to join a hypnobirthing class in Chorley, led by a lovely lady called Rebecca at Peaceful Births.  I was a little apprehensive about the class but thought it was worth a go.  We learnt about the history of woman and birthing, why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable and safer birthing expensive with the aid of deep relaxation and hypnosis.  These methods can help you to stay alert, but at the same time shut out the world and focus on your body.
I feel very positive after my first class and am really looking forward to the next one.  I can’t thank my sister Leonie, enough for agreeing to be my birth partner and travelling up from Peterborough to support me in the first class.  All being well I would love my sister to be my birth partner, as well as Carl, as she’s on my wavelength, able to offer emotional support and may be less upset by seeing me in pain than Carl.   
In next week’s class Lancashire Life (magazine) are doing an article about HypnoBirthing and would like to come and take some photos in class and possibly ask a few questions!!! I broke this news to Carl last night together with the fact we would be watching vaginal birth videos together and he went very quiet, he said something about a pink panther giving birth to a watermelon hence the fact I need my sister there to say the right things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment